Thursday, November 11, 2010

Haven't Posted in A Year.

Wow. One year, no post. Sad day. I'd just like to say that I completely forgot about this blog. Not that anyone reads it...

I decided to write again as of today and plan to add it to my toolbar so maybe I'll blog more often. I want to do more of an article kind of thing with my blog, rather than a "here's my day, let me regurgitate my teenage angst-y feelings to you" diary kind of thing.

But I must give you one little diary post.

Babysat today. It went pretty well, minus the poopy diaper incident and the missing of the mom incident. He didn't want to go to bed but some rocking in the rocking chair and humming of Rent songs and some cuddling and he went right to sleep. I have a way with the kids. And the Rent songs.

"How did we get here? How the hell? Pan left, close on the steeple of the church. How did I get here? How the hell? Christmas! Christmas Eve, last year. How could a night so frozen be so scalding hot? How could a morning so mild be so raw? How, our entire year strewn on the cutting room floor of memory when single frames of one magic night forever flicker in close-up on the 3-D IMAX of my mind? That's poetic! That's pathetic..."

....Yeah.

Anyway.

I've also started the Running Start program - for those of you (I speak as if I have a fan following of any kind! Ha!) non-Washingtonians, Running Start is a program in which you can enroll in community college to get high school credit. Basically, it's twice the homework with the large possibility of your GPA dropping significantly, but I'm trying my best and working on swimming through the large piles of homework that seem to be forever accumulating. I like it, though. I like intellectual challenge.

And, clearly, I like physical challenge. I had a killer cross country season this year, PR'ing at 24:33 at one of the hardest courses of the year. I learned that I actually like cross country. Who knew?

Okay. I'm going to go do some homework. And buy some Tegan and Sara collab songs. Mostly the latter. :D

Night, all.

No comments: