Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Soccer vs. Cross Country

GAH!!!!! Once again, I am faced with a pointless delima which means nothing to half of the people in the universe. The problem? Oh, well simple, my dear blog viewers. Sports.

Yes, sports. I am not a sporty girl. I don't enjoy most athletics. But this year, I am faced with the issue of which sport to play: cross country or soccer. So, because I am a nerd and these are the kinds of things nerds do, I will debate. Against myself. Oh, joy.

PROS:

SOCCER

  1. I've done soccer for AT LEAST five years.
  2. I was on the first ever middle school girls' soccer team
  3. Getting the ball in the goal past the goalie is possibly the best feeling there is.
  4. I'll probably make JV, which will be more fun.
  5. And, oh yeah. I <3 it.

CROSS COUNTRY

  1. I'll be on varsity and letter.
  2. It'll make Mr. Oliver happy
  3. I have a few friends on the team...maybe...
  4. REALLY good for my body
  5. Short practices
  6. You make friends with people you compete against
  7. I have a friend on the Toledo team who I won't see if I do soccer
  8. There's kinda sorta a boy on the cross country team who I kinda sorta like

CONS:


SOCCER

  1. Practices suck.
  2. There are girls on the team I don't much like
  3. Do I even have any friends on the team?
  4. I won't letter. I'm sure.
  5. shin guards + soccer socks + 90 degree weather = HOTHOTHOT

CROSS COUNTRY

  1. I hate running.
  2. Jamie moved away. Suddenly things are much less exciting.
  3. None of my extremely close friends are on the team
  4. I hate running
  5. I hate running
  6. I hate running

Input please!

2 comments:

Jayce*Lane said...

You hate running? YAY! WE SHARE ANOTHER SIMILARITY!

MaximumCapacity said...

Um, if you hate running, it's kind of pontless to be on the cross country team O_o Just sayin :D

I'd go for soccor, but that's just me. I liked your internal debate - you sound like me :D lol